Monday, March 2, 2009

Honoring Parents

Lesson 9- Honoring Parents


I felt very strongly that I needed to ask the parents to participate in this lesson. I sent an email to the parents (you can get a lot of their addresses from off the ward membership directory on the church website) and asked them to secretly send me a letter written to their daughter. I asked them to include talents, ways she brings the Spirit in their home, and what makes their daughter special to them. Most importantly I asked them to express their love. They will email their letter back so I can print it out on stationary and have it ready for class. (I thought this was the best way to keep it secret.) I'll send out a reminder on Friday.

So far I've found the parents to be very grateful for the opportunity to do this and one mother who is not a member of our faith and her daughter is not a member but comes with a friend, was really excited to participate. I can't wait to see the girls reactions on Sunday!

No comments: